Complete tour from North to South that combines the most important cultural and touristic attractions of Tunisia from Dougga to the Berber village Chenini and the world of Ksars in Tataouine, a real discovery into the depth of Tunisia.
Arrival Airport: Tunis
Period of year: All year
Date: Every week
Duration: 08 Days / 07 Nights
DAY 1: AIRPORT-TUNIS
• Arrival at Tunis airport, assistance by the tour guide and transfer to the coastal area Gammarth.
• Dinner and overnight at the Ramada Plaza Tunis 5 *
DAY 2: TUNIS - DOUGGA - BARDO - CARTHAGE - SIDI BOU SAID – TUNIS
• Breakfast at the hotel and departure to Dougga, the best and most preserved archaeological site in Tunisia and considered World Heritage.
• Visit the Roman ruins of ancient Thugga with its majestic monuments in very well preserved: the theater, the Capitol, the Forum, the baths, the lubico-punic mausoleum, the place of the wind rose, houses with their floor decorated by mosaics ... etc.
• Return to Tunis, visit of the National Bardo Museum, a former residence for the ottoman monarchs, which actually houses the largest collection of Roman mosaics in the world.
• Lunch on the way.
• In the afternoon, departure to the Carthage ruins, visit of the Punic harbor and the Antonine baths.
• Drive to the visit of Sidi Bou Saïd, world heritage, the Moorish village with its beautiful houses painted in blue and white with their balconies typically decorated with arabesque.
• Departure to the Medina of Tunis, visit of the traditional souks.
• Return to the hotel, dinner and overnight at the Ramada Plaza Tunis 5 * hotel (Possibility to stay in Hammamet depending on the availability).
DAY 3: TUNIS - KAIROUAN - TOZEUR
• After breakfast, departure to Kairouan the fourth holy city of Islam and first Arab-Muslim city in Tunisia considered world heritage.
• Visit of the Aghlabid basins, old water reserves that fed the entire city.
• Visit of the Abu Zoumaa Al Balaoui Mausoleum called Sid Sahib or the Barber.
• Visit of the Great Mosque of Okba. Lunch at the hotel Kasba 5 *.
• Visit of the Medina with its souks and narrow streets. Visit of a carpet weaving workshop.
• Lunch at the hotel Kasba 5 *.
• In the afternoon, drive to Tozeur the capital of Bled El Jerid « The land of palms ».
• Visit of the old city of Tozeur with its house decorated with traditional bricks made of clay and narrow streets covered by palm trunks.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Golden Yasmine Ras El Ain 4* or similar.
DAY 4: TOZEUR-CHEBIKA-TAMERZA-MIDES-CHOTT EL DJERID-DOUZ
• After breakfast, departure to discover the mountain oases.
• Arrival to Chebika and visit of the oasis with its stunning mountain landscape in the heart of the Atlas natural water springs.
• Drive to Tamerza and visit of the waterfalls and the old village.
• Departure to Mides oasis located right on the Tunisian-Algerian border, visit of the famous Canyon shooting location of the famous film « The English Patient ».
• Return to Tozeur for lunch.
• After lunch, departure to Douz crossing Chott El Jerid, the largest salt lake in Tunisia, stop for photos and to admire unusual landscapes of the lake.
• Arrival to Douz «the gate of the Sahara» and possibility to make a camel ride in the sand dunes by the sunset (Optional).
• Dinner and overnight at Sahara Douz 4 * hotel or similar.
DIA 5: DOUZ-MATMATA-CHENINI-TATAOUINE- DJERBA
• After breakfast, departure to the Berber villages in the mountain range of Dhahar .
• Panoramic stop at Tamezret, a Berber village known for its stone cemeteries.
• Drive to Matmata famous Berber village of unique beauty known for its dwell cave houses and lunar landscape.
• Visit a troglodyte house to discover the way of life among the Berbers.
• Crossing of the Dhahar massif with a panoramic stop in Toujane, superb Berber village hidden between the mountains.
• Departure to the visit of Ksar Hadada, former granary used by Berber tribes, and filming location for the episode "The threat of the Ghost" from the movie "Star Wars".
• Departure to Chenini the crest village of sublime beauty with its beautiful houses dug in the rocks. Visit of the village and the famous mosque of the seven sleepers with their giant tombs.
• Typical lunch in Chenini.
• After lunch, departure to the visit of Ksar Ouled Soltane, an old majestic granary very well preserved with its Ghorfas beautifully superimposed.
• Departure to the island Djerba via the Roman causeway.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Welcome Meridiana 4 * or similar.
DAY 6: DJERBA-GABES-SFAX
• Breakfast at the hotel and departure to discover Djerba, the island of Lotus.
• Visit of Guellela, the famous pottery village with its underground clay quarries
• Visit the Ethnographic Museum of Guellela to discover the traditions and rites of Djerbians.
• Drive to the village of Erriadh and visit of La Ghriba, one of the oldest Hebrew synagogues in the world and a place of pilgrimage of the Jewish community of Djerba.
• Departure to Houmt Souk, the capital of the island, visit the Souk Errbaa, old traditional covered Market, visit of the fish market where the auction held every day to sell fresh fish
• Typical lunch based on seafood to savor the culinary art of the island.
• In the afternoon, departure to Gabes via the Ferry. Arrival to Gabes and visit of Jara the old spice market.
• Departure to Sfax, dinner and overnight at the hotel Golden Yasmine Les Oliviers 5 *.
DAY 7: SFAX - EL JEM-MONASTIR- SOUSSE-HAMMAMET-TUNIS
• Breakfast at the hotel and departure to El Djem, visit the famous Roman amphitheater ranked 3rd in the world with a capacity of 35000 spectators.
• Drive to the city of Monastir, visit of the mausoleum of the first president and founder of the Tunisian Republic Habib Bourguiba.
• Lunch on the way.
• In the afternoon, departure to Sousse, the capital of the Sahel. Visit of the Medina with its traditional souks and the marina El Kantoui.
• Drives to Hammamet, first seaside area in Tunisia, visit of the Medina which offers a very beautiful Mediterranean landscape.
• Departure to Tunis, dinner and accommodation at the Ramada Plaza Tunis 5 * hotel (Possibility to have accommodation in Hammamet depending on availability).
DAY 8: HAMMAMET-AIRPORT
• Breakfast at the hotel and then departure to the airport for the return flight.
• End of our services.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transfer in / out.
• 07 Nights at the mentioned hotels
• Meals mentioned in the program.
• Visits mentioned in the program
• Professional local guide during the tour.
• Transport in air-conditioned vehicle.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The airfare.
• The optional excursions or visits.
• The extras.
• Single room supplement
• Christmas and New Year's Eve dinner supplement.
• The dinner on the arrival day and the breakfast on the day of the departure will depend on flight schedules.
• The itinerary could be made in two directions
• Complete tour from the north to the south of Tunisia
• Tour which reaches the site of Dougga and the Berber village of Chenini
• Combination between ancient history and Berber culture
• Tour adapted for small group or families with children
• Rich and varied program
Price per person: