A real 4X4 Raid in heart of the Erg Oriental, discovering the immensity of the desert with its beautiful giant dunes, natural springs, starry skies, and beautiful nights in tents in Saharan camps that will be engraved in your memory forever with. The tour allows you to dive into the Atlas Mountains and admire the multiple beauties of mountain oases with their waterfalls and canyons.
Arrival airport: Djerba or Tozeur
Period of the year: From October to April
Date: Every week
Duration: 08 Days / 07 Nights (Including 03 nights at Saharan camps)
DAY 1: AIRPORT – DJERBA
• Arrival to the airport of Djerba, assistance by the tour guide and transfer to the hotel.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Welcome Meridiana 4* or similar.
DAY 2: DJERBA-GABES-CHOTT EL DJERID-TOZEUR
• After lunch, departure to Gabes, coastal oasis city in the south of Tunisia.
• Visit the Souk Jara old spice market of Gabes.
• Drive to Chott El Jerid, the largest salt lake in Tunisia; stop for photos and to admire the beautiful landscape of the lake.
• After the photo stop in the salt lake, we continue to Tozeur the capital of Bled El Jerid « The land of palms ».
• Lunch and check-in at the hotel Golden Yasmine Ras El Ain 4*.
• In the afternoon, visit of the old city of Tozeur with its house decorated with traditional bricks made of clay and narrow streets covered by palm trunks.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Golden Yasmine Ras El Ain 4* or similar.
• Visit of the city center with the traditional souks.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Golden Yasmine ras El Ain 4 * or similar.
DAY 3: TOZEUR-CHEBIKA-TAMAGHZA-MIDES-NAFTA-TOZEUR
• After breakfast, departure to discover the mountain oases.
• Arrival to Chebika and visit of the oasis with its stunning mountain landscape in the heart of the Atlas natural water springs.
• Drive to Tamerza and visit of the waterfalls and the old village.
• Departure to Mides oasis located right on the Tunisian-Algerian border, visit of the famous Canyon shooting location of the famous film « The English Patient ».
• Return to Tozeur for lunch.
• After lunch, departure to Nafta, the second town in « The land of palms ».
• Panoramic visits of the famous oasis La Corbeille « the basket ».
• Horse carriage trip to visit the oasis of thousands of date palm trees, crossing the old city to admire the typical architecture of the houses with their coated-clay-brick facades.
• Free time in the Sand Roses square.
• Return to Tozeur, dinner and overnight at the hotel.
DAY 4: TOZEUR-CHOTT EL DJERID -DOUZ-TEMBAINE-CAMP MARS
• After breakfast, departure to Douz crossing Chott El Jerid, the largest salt lake in Tunisia, stop for photos and to admire unusual landscapes of the lake.
• Arrival to Douz «the gate of the Sahara», visit of Douz market known with cottage industries such as Babouches (Shoes made of camel leather) and Saharan pants.
• Lunch on the way
• In the afternoon, access to the Saharan territory by crossing giant dunes in the heart of the Erg oriental in an unusual landscape to the famous Tembaïne mountain.
• Arrival at Camp, situated right in the middle of The Erg oriental just close to Tembaïne, the mountain that can be seen from far away.
• Check-in and free time to explore the place and admire the desert landscape.
• Dinner and overnight at the Camp Mars under a wonderfully starry sky.
DAY 5: CAMP MARS-HOUIDHAT ERRCHED-CAMP MARS
• Early departure to the famous natural spring Houidhat Errched, an adventured day of high level crossing large dunes in the heart of the high level Eastern Erg (7 hours 4X4 round trip on sand dunes).
• Arrival at Houidhat Errched, a small lake fed by a natural source that emanates from the fine sand of the desert, considered a landmark for water birds.
• Typical lunch near the source.
• Back to Camp Mars crossing many chains of giant dunes, dinner and overnight at Mars Camp.
DAY 6: CAMP MARS-KSAR GHILANE-ZMELA
• After a wonderful sunrise in the desert and breakfast, departure to the Saharan oasis of Ksar Ghilane crossing the Erg oriental for some hours through the beautiful giant dunes of El Biben.
• Arrival to the Saharan oasis Ksar Ghilane, free time to visit the oasis and enjoy a refreshing swim in its natural spring.
• Lunch in Ksar Ghilane around the natural spring.
• In the afternoon, possibilities to make some optional activities such as the camel ride or Quad drive on the sand dunes.
• Drive to the desert of zmela.
• Arrival to Zmela, dinner and overnight in tents at Zmela Saharan camp.
DAY 7: ZMELA-CHENINI-TATOUINE-DJERBA
• After breakfast at the hotel, departure to the region of Tataouine and the Dhahar massif the country of Berbers.
• Arrival to Chenini the crest village of sublime beauty with its beautiful houses dug in the rocks. Visit of the village and the famous mosque of the seven sleepers with their giant tombs.
• Lunch in a typical restaurant in Chenini.
• In the afternoon, drive to the island Djerba via the Roman causeway.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Welcome Meridiana 4 *.
DAY 8: DJERBA-AIRPORT
• Breakfast at the hotel and then departure to the airport for the return flight
• End of our services.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transfer in / out.
• 04 Nights at the mentioned hotels
• 03Night in Saharan camps
• Meals mentioned in the program.
• Visits mentioned in the program
• Professional local guide during the tour.
• Transport in air-conditioned vehicle.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The airfare.
• The optional excursions or visits.
• The extras.
• The dinner on the arrival day and the breakfast on the day of the departure will depend on flight schedules.
• The itinerary could be made in two directions
• A real 4x4 adventure in the desert
• Crossing of the eastern Erg oriental into the heart of the Tunisian desert
• Accommodation in wonderful Saharan camps far from mass tourism
• Special Tour that reaches the famous Lake Haouidhat Errched in the heart of the desert the mountain of Tembaïne
• Adapted tour for small groups
• Professional and very experienced 4X4 drivers
Price per person: