Sahara & Oasis
A complete tour to discover the south of Tunisia, the Berber villages, the vastness of the desert, the oases and their wonders and a beautiful night in the desert will be engraved in your memory forever.
Arrival airport: Tunis
Period: All the year
Duration: 08 Days / 07 Nights (including a night in a Saharan camp)
Date: Every week
Type: Adventure & discovery
DAY 1: AIRPORT – TUNIS
• Arrival to Tunis airport, assistance by the tour guide and transfer to Hammamet.
• Dinner and overnight at Hotel Medina Belisaire 4 * or similar.
DAY 2: HAMMAMET - EL JEM - GABES-MATMATA - KSAR HADADA – TATAOUINE
• Breakfast at the hotel and departure to El Jem, visit the famous Roman amphitheater ranked 3rd in the world with a capacity of 35000 spectators.
• Departure to Gabes, coastal oasis city, sightseeing tour of the maritime oasis.
• Visit of the Spice and Henna market called «Jara».
• Drive to Matmata famous Berber village of unique beauty known for its dwell cave houses and lunar landscape.Visit of a Berber dwell cave house.
• Typical lunch in Matmata.
• In the afternoon, drive to Toujene, Berber village hidden between the mountains offering a stunning landscape.
• Departure to the visit of Ksar Hadada, former granary used by Berber tribes, and filming location for the episode "The threat of the Ghost" from the movie "Star Wars".
• Drive to Tataouine, ancient city which housed the foreign legion during the french colonization and the city of the Foreign Legion and the famous BAT D'AF (African battalion).
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Sangho Privilege Tataouine 3 *.
DAY 3: TATAOUINE-KSAR OULED SOLTANE-DOUIRET-CHENINI–KSAR GHILANE-ZMELA
• After breakfast, departure to the visit of Ksar Ouled Soltane, an old majestic granary very well preserved with its Ghorfas beautifully superimposed.
• Departure to Douiret, the second crest village in the heart of Dhahar massif, arrival and walking tour of the village to admire the ancient architecture of the Berbers, dwell cave houses, underground oil mills, underground mosque ...
• Drive to Chenini the crest village of sublime beauty with its beautiful houses dug in the rocks. Visit of the village and the famous mosque of the seven sleepers with their giant tombs.
• Typical lunch in Chenini
• After lunch, departure to Ksar Ghilane, a superb Saharan oasis at the entrance of the Eastern Erg.
• Free time to visit the oasis and enjoy a swim in the natural pool of Ksar Ghilane.
• Continue to Zmlea desert crossing beautiful sand dunes of the Erg oriental. .
• Arrival to Zmela Saharan camp, dinner and overnight
DAY 4: ZMELA–DOUZ-SALT LAKE-TOZEUR
• After breakfast, departure to Douz the “Sahara gate”, visit of Douz market known with cottage industries such as Babouches (Shoes made of camel leather) and Saharan pants.
• Possibility to make a camel ride crossing de dunes of the silted village Zaafrane (Optional). Lunch in Douz
• Departure to Chott El Jerid, the largest salt lake in Tunisia, stop for photos and to admire the beautiful landscape of the lake.
• Drive to Tozeur the capital of Bled El Jerid « The land of palms ».
• Visit of the old city of Tozeur with its house decorated with traditional bricks made of clay and narrow streets covered by palm trunks.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Golden Yasmine Ras El Ain 4* or similar.
DAY 5: TOZEUR-CHEBIKA-TAMAGHZA-MIDES-NAFTA-TOZEUR
• After breakfast, departure to discover the mountain oases.
• Arrival to Chebika and visit of the oasis with its stunning mountain landscape in the heart of the Atlas natural water springs.
• Drive to Tamerza and visit of the waterfalls and the old village.
• Departure to Mides oasis located right on the Tunisian-Algerian border, visit of the famous Canyon shooting location of the famous film « The English Patient ».
• Return to Tozeur for lunch.
• After lunch, departure to Nafta, the second town in « The land of palms ».
• Panoramic visits of the famous oasis La Corbeille « the basket ».
• Horse carriage trip to visit the oasis of thousands of date palm trees, crossing the old city to admire the typical architecture of the houses with their coated-clay-brick facades.
• Free time at the Sand Roses square.
• Return to Tozeur, dinner and overnight at the hotel.
DAY 6: TOZEUR - KAIROUAN – HAMMAMET
• After breakfast, departure to Kairouan the fourth holy city of Islam and first Arab-Muslim city in Tunisia considered world heritage.
• Visit of the Aghlabid basins, old water reserves that fed the entire city.
• Visit of the Abu Zoumaa Al Balaoui Mausoleum called Sid Sahib or the Barber.
• Visit of the Great Mosque of Okba. Lunch at the hotel Kasba 5 *.
• After lunch free time to visit the Medina with its souks and narrow streets. Visit OF the carpet weaving workshops.
• Drive to Hammamet, dinner and overnight at the Medina Belisaire 4 * hotel or similar.
DAY 7: HAMMAMET (FREE STAY)
• Free stay at the Medina Belisaire 4* hotel on half-board
• Possibility to make some excursions.
DAY 8: HAMMAMET-AIRPORT
• Transfer to Tunis airport for the return flight.
• End of our services
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transfer in / out.
• 06 Nights at the mentioned hotels
• 01 Night in Saharan camp
• Meals mentioned in the program.
• Visits mentioned in the program
• Professional local guide during the tour.
• Transport in air-conditioned vehicle.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The airfare.
• The optional excursions or visits.
• The extras.
• The dinner on the arrival day and the breakfast on the day of the departure will depend on flight schedules.
• The itinerary could be made in two directions
• Complete tour to discover the entire Tunisian south in a few days.
• Accommodation in a Saharan camp
• Adapted tour for small groups and families with children
• Rich and varied program
• Professional guide specializing in Berber and Nomads culture
Price per person: