A wonderful adventure through a camel ride in the heart of the desert to reveal the hidden secrets of the “Erg Oriental” between natural streams, oases and lakes crossing a lot of high dunes of golden sand. Away from modern civilization and usual comfort, this huge desert with its springs, lush oases and beautiful evenings around campfire makes you living an unforgettable experience. You seem to be in a huge ocean, where waves are dunes without any visible mark, where the nights count thousands of stars giving you the pleasure to appreciate silence and meditation. In this journey, each traveler has his camel on which he can ride to his convenience.
Definition: The saharan Méharée is an adventure trip on a camel in the middle of the desert, accompanied by Saharan guides, camel drivers and camels to ride and others for carrying luggage and equipment. Each has a camel that can ride at will throughout the trip.
Airport of departure: Djerba
Period of the year: From October to April (Suspension of the tour during the warmer months)
Duration: 08 Days / 07 Nights (05 Nights Bivouac & 02 Nights at the hotel)
Kind: Wonderful adventure by camel ride in the heart of the Grand Erg oriental reaching the oasis Ksar Ghilane
Difficulty: 5/6 hours of riding or walking a day
DAY 1: AIRPORT - DJERBA
• Arrival at the airport, transfer to in Houmt Souk capital of the island of Djerba.
• Diner and overnight at the hotel Arischa in Houmt Souk on the island Djerba at the hotel Arischa, a former Foundouk for the caravaners nowadays arranged as a charm hotel preserving the architectural style of the island.
DAY 2: DJERBA - MATMATA - DOUZ - BIR ABDALLAH
• After breakfast at the hotel, departure to Douz the gate of the Sahara, through the Berber village of Matmata.
• Visit of a berber cave house in Matmata.
• Drive to Douz, the gate of the Sahara, stop for lunch.
• Drive on 4X4 to the entrance of the Erg oriental at Bir Abdallah (well of water).
• After a first stage on camels, camp in the dunes, dinner and overnight in the desert.
• Dinner and overnight at the camp.
DAY 3 TO DAY 6: CROSSING THE GRAND ERG ORIENTAL TO KSAR GHILANE
• After breakfast, the caravan begins to move through the immense Erg oriental in the middle of the desert crossing imposing dune cords and admiring breathtaking desert landscapes.
• Crossing cords of beautiful high dunes with breathtaking landscapes.
• Breaks on the way for lunch are provided with varied salad, sand bread, mint tea, dates and season fruits.
• You could have fun preparing dinner with the cooks who will serve us typical and tasty dishes of the nomadic gastronomy such as couscous, Berber soup, sand bread…
• Stunning nights in the open air around campfire after dinner animated by camel drivers with their popular songs and music that emanate from a rich and varied nomadic heritage and which will remain engraved in your memory forever
• Ride to the Saharan oasis of Ksar Ghilane where we will have the last camp and enjoy a wonderful swim in the natural pool of the oasis.
• Dinner and overnight close to the oasis Ksar Ghilane
DAY 7: KSAR GHILANE – CHENINI - TATOUINE - DJERBA
• After breakfast, departure in 4x4 to the Berber village Chenini, hidden between the mountains of Dhahar with its beautiful landscape and its unpublished houses carved into the rocks.
• Visit of the crest village of Chenini and lunch.
• In the afternoon return to the island of Djerba through Tataouine and the roman causeway.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Arischa on Djerba
DAY 8: DJERBA - AIRPORT
• After breakfast, departure to the airport for the return flight.
• End of our services.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transfer in / out.
• 02 Nights stay on the island Djerba in half board in Hotel Arischa
• 05 Nights in Bivaouc in the desert.
• Meals mentioned in the program.
• Visits mentioned in the program.
• Saharan local guide during the tour.
• The full board accommodation during the camel ride.
• Bivouac in the heart of the dunes.
• Water during the whole camel tour
• Tents and mattresses
• Kitchen equipment
• Drinks in the desert
• Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
• Camels for luggage
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The airfare.
• Drinks (Except in the camel ride drinks are included)
• The optional excursions or visits.
• The extras.
• Single room supplement.
• New Year and Christmas dinner supplement
• The dinner on the arrival day and the breakfast on the day of the departure will depend on flight schedules.
• The program can be done in both directions.
• Depending on the weather and operational conditions, the guide can change the program for the safety of the group.
EQUIPMENT TO BE PROVIDED:
• Sleeping bag
• Toilet bag
• Personal First Aid Kit
• A real adventure and a complete camel ride in the heart of the Erg Oriental
• Reaching the famous oasis Ksar Ghilane in the desert
• Professional camel drivers with long experience in the desert
• Healthy, tasty and abundant natural food
• Clean sleeping equipment (Mattresses, blankets, sheets ...)
• Secure route
Price per person: