An archaeological tour to dive into the ancient history of Tunisia with its majestic monuments and sites, many of which are considered World Heritage.
Arrival airport: Tunis
Period of the year: All the year
Date: Every week
DAY 1 : AIRPORT-TUNIS
• Arrival at Tunis airport, assistance by the tour guide and transfer to the coastal area Gammarth.
• Dinner and overnight at the Ezzahra Tunis 4*.
DAY 2: TUNIS-BARDO-CARTAGO-SIDI BOU SAÏD-TUNIS
• Breakfast at the hotel and departure to the visit of the Bardo National Museum, former residence for the Ottoman monarchs, which houses actually the largest collection of Roman mosaics in the world.
• Lunch in La Goulette.
• In the afternoon, departure to discover the ancient city of Carthage, former historical Punic capital in Tunis.
• Visit of the monuments and ruins of Carthage: The Punic harbor, the Tophet, The Byrsa hill, Early Christian museum, the roman villas, the theater, the amphitheater and the Antonine Baths.
• Drive to Sidi Bou said, world heritage, the Moorish village with its beautiful houses painted in blue and white with their balconies typically decorated with arabesque.
• Return to Gammarth, dinner and overnight at the Ezzahra Tunis 4* Hotel Hotel or similar.
DAY 3: TUNIS – DOUGGA-BULLA REGIA-TABARKA
• After breakfast, departure to Dougga, the ancient Thugga the best and more preserved archaeological site in all Tunisia, considered World Heritage. Visit of the ruins: Theatre, the Capitol, the Wind's Rose Square, the market, the Forum, the residential area, winter and summer baths, the Lubico- Punic mausoleum, latrines…etc.
• Lunch near Dougga ruins.
• In the afternoon, drive to Bulla Regia ancient Roman city, visit of the famous underground houses that retain up to now superb floor mosaics such as the Hunting house, the Amphitrite House, the baths, theater…etc.
• Departure to Tabarka, a small coastal town in northwestern Tunisia famous since antiquity for fishing of coral used in jewelry
• Visit of the city and the famous Needles: a set of rocks high of nearly 20 meters to arrive at the new open-air theater.
• Dinner and overnight at Golden yasmine Mehari Tabarka 4* Hotel.
DAY 4: TABARKA-AIN DRAHEM-MAKTHAR-SBEITLA-KAIROUAN
• Breakfast at the hotel and departure to Ain Drahem, short stop in the city to admire the craft products based on cork oak.
• Drive to Makthar, visit of the precious monuments and ruins of the ancient city Maktaris: the Trajan Arch, the Forum, the amphitheater, the baths, the « Schola of Juvenes »…etc.
• Lunch on the way.
• In the afternoon, departure to Sbeitla, visit of the ruins of the ancient byzantine city Sufeitula with its well-preserved monuments such as the Dioclitien arc, the Baths, the Theater, the basilicas, the Forum, the Capitol, the baptistery…etc.
• Drive to Kairouan, the fourth holy city of Islam and first Arab-Muslim city in Tunisia considered world heritage.
• Diner and overnight at Golden Yasmine Kasbah Hotel 5*.
DAY 5: KAIROUAN –EL DJEM-SOUSSE
• After breakfast, visit of the holy city Kairouan with its monuments.
• Visit of the Aghlabid basins, old water reserves that fed the entire city.
• Visit of the Abu Zoumaa Al Balaoui Mausoleum called Sid Sahib or the Barber.
• Visit of the Great Mosque of Okba, the oldest mosque in Tunisia.
• Departure to El Djem, visit the famous Roman amphitheater ranked 3rd in the world with a capacity of 35000 spectators.
• Lunch in El Djem city.
• In the afternoon, visit of the archaeological museum of El Djem which contain a good collection of roman mosaics.
• Drive to Sousse, the capital of the Sahel, visit of the Medina, the ancient Arabic city with its traditional souks.
• Dinner and overnight at Seabel Alhambra Hotel 4* or similar.
DAY 6: SOUSSE-KELIBIA-KERKOUENE-HAOUARIA-HAMMAMET
• After breakfast, departure to the discovery of Cap Bon peninsula.
• Visit of Nabeul city with its workshops of traditional pottery.
• Drive to Kelibia, visit of majestic byzantine fortress.
• Departure to Kerkouene considered Word Heritage, visit of the ancient Punic city destroyed in the 310 B-C and famous for its typical houses at the seaside.
• Drive to El Haouaria for lunch next to the ancient Punic underground sandstone quarries.
• In the afternoon, departure to Hammamet, panoramic visit of the old Medina and the fort at the seaside.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Medina Bélisaire 4* or similar in Tunis.
DAY 7: HAMMAMET -OUDHNA-UTIQUE-TUNIS
• After breakfast, departure to Oudhna, the ancient Uthina. Visit of the ruins: The Theater, Roman villas with their mosaic tiled floors still largely intact, the triumphal arch, the fortress, the basilica with a circular crypt, private and public baths, the aqueduct, the water storage cisterns, The capitol and the amphitheater.
• Drive to Utique, considered to be the first colony founded by the Phoenicians in North Africa, visit of the ancient houses and in particular “the house of cascades”, the Punic Necropolis that date back to the 8th Century BC and other ruins.
• Departure to Tunis for lunch
• In the afternoon, drive to Tunis the capital, visit of the Medina World Heritage, the ancient Arabic city with its old monuments and traditional souks.
• Dinner and overnight at the Ezzahra Tunis 4* Hotel or similar.
DAY 8: TUNIS-AIRPORT
• Transfer to Tunis airport for the return flight.
• End of our services.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transfer in / out.
• Stay in hotels provided.
• Transport in air-conditioned vehicle.
• Meals mentioned in the program.
• Excursions and visits indicated in the program.
• Professional guide expert in archeology and history during the tour.
• Assistance during the stay with a contact number 24h/24h.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The airfare.
• The optional excursions or trips.
• The extras.
• The order of the visits may be amended.
• The dinner on the arrival day and breakfast on the day of your departure will depend on the flight schedules.
Price per person: