Wonders of Tunisia
A complete tour combining harmoniously different aspects of Tunisia from the North to the South, a real in-depth discovery of tunisian heritage that will make you enjoying the several beauties of the major ancient sites, unusual Berber villages, the charm of the dream Island Djerba, the magic of the desert with its wonderful oases...It’s a tasty blend of culture, history, discovery and adventure.
Arrival Airport: Tunis
Period of year: All year
Date: Every week
Duration: 15 Days / 14 Nights
DAY 1: AIRPORT-TUNIS
• Arrival at Tunis airport, assistance by the tour guide and transfer to the coastal area Gammarth.
• Dinner and overnight in Ramada Plaza Hotel 5* o similar.
DAY 2: TUNIS-CARTHAGE-SIDI BOU SAID-MEDINA
• After breakfast, visit of the National Bardo Museum, a former residence for the ottoman monarchs, this actually houses the largest collection of Roman mosaics in the world.
• Departure to the Medina of Tunis considered world heritage, visit of the traditional souks.
• Lunch on the way.
• In the afternoon, departure to the Carthage ruins, visit of the the Tophet, the Punic harbor and the Antoine baths.
• Drive to the visit of Sidi Bou Saïd, world heritage, the Moorish village with its beautiful houses painted in blue and white with their balconies typically decorated with arabesque.
• Return to the hotel, dinner and overnight at the Ramada Plaza 5*.
DAY 3: TUNIS-BIZERTE-SEJNENE-TABARKA
• After breakfast, departure to Bizerte city in the north of Tunisia, with a rich historical past. Visit of the ancient harbor having the shape of a circular arc that directly connected to the ramparts of the medina.
• Drive through the green lands of northern Tunisia to Sejnene, a small town known for its beautiful traditional pottery whose form and designs were borrowed from primitive art.
• Stop to visit some artisans who exhibit their typical pottery products.
• Continue to Tabarka, check in at Dar Ismail Tabarka Hotel 5* and lunch.
• In the afternoon, visit the town, Tabarka’s fishing port and the famous needles.
• Return to the hotel, dinner and overnight at Dar Ismail Tabarka Hotel 5*.
DAY 4: TABARKA-AIN DRAHEM-BULLA REGIA-DOUGGA-KAIROUAN
• Breakfast at the hotel and early departure to Ain Drahem with its huge forest that covers the peaks of Kroumirie and its beautiful houses with red tile roofs that offer a beautiful landscape. Brief visit of the city.
• Continuation towards the fast of Bulla Regia, visit of the historical city of Roman origin known for its underground houses which still preserve on the ground, beautiful original Roman mosaics.
• After the visit, continue to Dougga for lunch at Thugga hotel.
• In the afternoon, visit of the ruins of Dougga most famous Roman archaeological site in Tunisia considered World Heritage. Visit the best preserved monuments of the site such as theater, capitol, the Forum, the Wind's Rose Square, the Lubico-Punic mausoleum, winter and summer baths…etc.
• Departure to Kairouan, the fourth holy city of Islam and first Arab-Muslim city in Tunisia considered world heritage.
• Diner and overnight at Golden Yasmine Kasbah Hotel 5*.
DAY 5: KAIROUAN-SBEITLA-GFASA-TOZEUR
• After breakfast, departure to discover the ancient monuments of Kairouan
• Visit of the Aghlabid basins, old water reserves that fed the entire city.
• Visit of the Abu Zoumaa Al Balaoui Mausoleum called Sid Sahib or the Barber.
• Visit of the Great Mosque of Okba.
• Visit of the Medina with its souks and narrow streets. Visit of a carpet weaving workshop.
• In the afternoon, departure to Sbeitla, visit of the ruins of the ancient byzantine city Sufeitula with its well-preserved monuments such as the Dioclitien arc, the Baths, the Theater, the basilicas, the Forum, the Capitol, the baptistery…etc.
• Departure to Tozeur the capital of Bled El Jerid « The land of palms ».
• Visit of the old city of Tozeur with its house decorated with traditional bricks made of clay and narrow streets covered by palm trunks.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Golden Yasmine Ras El Ain 4* or similar.
DAY 6: TOZEUR-CHEBIKA-TAMERZA-NAFTA-TOZEUR
• After breakfast, departure to discover the mountain oases.
• Arrival to Chebika and visit of the oasis with its stunning mountain landscape in the heart of the Atlas natural water springs.
• Drive to Tamerza and visit of the waterfalls and the old village.
• Departure to Mides oasis located right on the Tunisian-Algerian border, visit of the famous Canyon shooting location of the famous film « The English Patient ».
• Return to Tozeur for lunch.
• After lunch, departure to Nafta, the second town in « The land of palms ».
• Panoramic visits of the famous oasis La Corbeille « the basket ».
• Horse carriage trip to visit the oasis of thousands of date palm trees, crossing the old city to admire the typical architecture of the houses with their coated-clay-brick facades.
• Free time at the Sand Roses square.
• Return to Tozeur, dinner and overnight at the hotel Golden Yasmine Ras El Ain Tozeur 4*.
DAY 7: TOZEUR-CHOTT EL DJERID-DOUZ
• After breakfast, departure to Douz crossing Chott El Jerid, the largest salt lake in Tunisia, stop for photos and to admire unusual landscapes of the lake.
• Arrival to Douz «the gate of the Sahara», visit of Douz market known with cottage industries such as Babouches (Shoes made of camel leather) and Saharan pants.
• Check in at the hotel Sahara Douz 4* and Lunch.
• In the afternoon drive to the sand dunes and possibility to make a camel ride in the desert by the sunset (optional).
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Sahara Douz 4*.
• Possibility of overnight in the desert in Saharan camp or Bivouac (Under request and extra).
DAY 8: DOUZ-MATMATA -KSAR HADADA-CHENINI-DOUIRET-TATOUINE
• After breakfast, departure to the Berber villages in the mountain range of Dhahar.
• Panoramic stop at Tamezret, a Berber village known for its stone cemeteries.
• Drive to Matmata famous Berber village of unique beauty known for its dwell cave houses and lunar landscape.
• Visit a troglodyte house to discover the way of life among the Berbers.
• Crossing of the Dhahar massif with a panoramic stop in Toujane, superb Berber village hidden between the mountains.
• Departure to the visit of Ksar Hadada, former granary used by Berber tribes, and filming location for the episode «The threat of the Ghost» from the movie «Star Wars».
• Departure to Chenini the crest village of sublime beauty with its beautiful houses dug in the rocks. Visit of the village and the famous mosque of the seven sleepers with their giant tombs.
• Typical lunch in Chenini.
• Departure to Douiret, the second crest village in the heart of Dhahar massif, arrival and walking tour of the village to admire the ancient architecture of the Berbers.
• Drive to Tataouine, dinner and overnight at Sangho Privilege Tatouine 3*.
DAY 9: TATAOUINE6 KSAR OULED SOLTANE-DJERBA
• After Breakfast, departure to the visit of Ksar Ouled Soltane, an old majestic granary very well preserved with its Ghorfas beautifully superimposed.
• Departure to the island Djerba via the roman causeway.
• Arrival to Djerba and visit of Guellela, the famous pottery village with its underground clay quarries.
• Drive to the village of Erriadh and visit of La Ghriba, one of the oldest Hebrew synagogues in the world and a place of pilgrimage of the Jewish community of Djerba (During the religious holidays of the Jewish community of Djerba, the visit of the synagogue will not be possible).
• Departure to Houmt Souk, the capital of the island.
• Typical lunch based on seafood to savor the culinary art of the island.
• In the afternoon, visit the Souk Errbaa, old traditional covered Market.
• Dinner and overnight at Welcome Meridiana Hotel 4*.
DAY 10: DJERBA
• Free stay at the hotel Welcome Meridiana 4* on Half board (Lunch is not included)
• Possibility to make some excursions to discover the island.
DAY11: DJERBA-GABES-EL DJEM-MAHDIA
• After breakfast, drive to Gabes via the Ferry. Arrival and visit of Jara the old spice market.
• Departure to El Mahres for lunch.
• After lunch, drive to El Jem, visit the famous Roman amphitheater ranked 3rd in the world with a capacity of 35000 spectators.
• Departure to Mahdia, beautiful coastal town, visits of «Skifa Kahla» the entry gate of the Medina.
• Dinner and overnight at Nour Palace Mahdia 5*.
DAY 12: MAHDIA-MONASTIR-SOUSSE-EL KANTAOUI-HAMMAMET
• After breakfast, departure to Monastir, visit of Ribat, ancient fortress from the 8th century.
• Visit of the mausoleum of the first president and founder of the Tunisian Republic Habib Bourguiba.
• Drive to Sousse, the capital of Sahel region, visit of the ancient Medina considered world heritage.
• Lunch in Sousse
• After lunch departure to El Kantaoui and visit of the Marina.
• Drive to Hammamet, visit of the ancient Medina at the seaside.
• Dinner and overnight at Medina Solaria Hammamaet Hotel 5*.
DAY 13: HAMMAMET-NABEUL-KELIBIA-KERKOUENE-EL HAOUARIA-HAMMAMET
• After breakfast, departure to the discovery of Cap Bon peninsula.
• Visit of Nabeul city with its workshops of traditional pottery.
• Drive to Kelibia, visit of majestic byzantine fortress.
• Departure to Kerkouene considered Word Heritage, visit of the ancient Punic city destroyed in the 310 B-C and famous for its typical houses at the seaside.
• Drive to El Haouaria for lunch next to the ancient Punic underground sandstone quarries (The visit inside the quarries is suspended for security reasons for fear of collapse).
• Dinner and overnight at Medina Solaria Hammamet 5* Hotel.
DAY 14: HAMMAMET
• Free stay on half board at the hotel.
DAY 15: HAMMAMET-AIRPORT
• Transfer to Tunis airport for the return flight.
• End of our services.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transfer in / out.
• Stay in mentioned hotels provided.
• Transport in air-conditioned vehicle.
• Meals mentioned in the program.
• Excursions and visits indicated in the program.
• Professional guide expert Tunisian culture during the tour.
• Assistance during the stay with a contact number 24h/24h.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The airfare.
• The optional excursions or trips.
• The extras.
• The order of the visits may be amended.
• The dinner on the arrival day and breakfast on the day of your departure will depend on the flight schedules.
• Exclusive tour elaborated by Tacapes Tours with a program you cannot find elsewhere
• Complete tour to discover all Tunisia in two weeks
• Tour adapted for groups
• Rich and varied program from North to South, from East to West
• Professional Guide specialized in history and Tunisian culture during the tour