Dougga & Testour
For lovers of archeology and history, this journey will allow them to dive into the ancient world and discover the secrets of the richest preserved archaeological site of Tunisia and declared world heritage.
Departure city: Tunis-Hammamet
Duration: 1 Day
Departure: every day
• Early departure from your hotel to the city of Dougga via Testour.
• Arrival to Testour, the first city founded by the Moorish people at the beginning of the 17th century during the expulsion of Andalusians by the Catholic kings of Spain. Panoramic tour of the city and the famous mosque with the beautiful minaret decorated by a clock whose needles turn in the opposite direction of a watch.
• Drive to Dougga, the ancient Roman city Thugga. Visit of the beautiful and wonderfully preserved ruins: The theater, the capitol, the forum, the baths, the houses, the place of the wind rose, the triumphal arch, the Libyco- Punic mausoleum ...
• Lunch at Thugga restaurant.
• In the afternoon, departure to Zaghouane, ancient city that supplied during many centuaries the entire city of Carthage with drinking water. Visit of the water temple and the old aqueducts.
• Return to your hotel.
• End of our services.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transport in air-conditioned vehicle.
• The visits indicated in the program.
• Professional guide specialized in history and archeology
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The drinks.
• The Tips
• The extras.
STRONG POINTS :
• In-depth visit of Dougga site.
• Adaptable excursion for small groups and families with children.
• Accompaniment by a specialized guide in history and archeology.