Kairouan & El Djem
Through amphitheater and mosque you will be fascinated by the splendor of ancient architecture by visiting the most vulnerable monuments of Tunisia in a beautiful cultural day.
Departure city: Tunis-Hammamet
Period: Everyday (Except Mondays museums are closed)
Duration: 1 Day
• Early departure from your hotel to the city of Kairouan, fourth holy city of Islam and first Arab-Muslim city in Tunisia declared world heritage.
• Visit of the Aghlabid basins, old water reserves that provided the entire city with drinkable water.
• Visit of the Abu Zoumaa Al Balaoui Mausoleum called Sid Sahib.
• Visit of the Great Mosque of Okba
• External visit of the Three Door Mosque
• Visit to the Sidi Abid al-Ghariani Mausoleum
• Visit the Medina with its traditional souks of cottage industry
• Lunch in Kairouan
• In the afternoon, departure to the city of El Djem, the ancient Thysudrus and visit of the Roman amphitheater which dates from the 3rd century, 3 ° in the world with a capacity of 35,000 spectators.
• Visit the archaeological museum of Djem which houses a superb collection of Roman mosaics.
• Back to your hotel
• End of our services.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transport in air-conditioned vehicle.
• The visits indicated in the program.
• Professional guide specialized in history and archeology
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The drinks.
• The Tips
• The extras.
• In-depth visit of the holy city Kairouan and the Roman amphitheater
• Adaptable journey for small groups and families with children.
• Accompaniment by a professional guide specializing guide in history and archeology.