Two days in the desert combined with a camel ride and a beautiful night in Bivouac in the desert under a beautifully starry sky and stunning evening around the campfire between sand dunes.
Departure city: Djerba
Duration: 02 Days / 01 Nights (in Bivouac)
Genre: Saharan adventure
Period of the year: from the beginning of October until the end of May
Departure: Every week
DAY 1: DJERBA-MARTEH-TOUJENE-MATMATA-DOUZ-NOUIEL (BIVOUAC)
• Departure from your hotel in 4X4 to the harbor of Ajim to take the Ferry.
• After the crossing, departure to the Dhahar massif, the crucible of the Berber civilization.
• Arrival to Toujene, a stunning Berber village nestled between the mountains that offer a surprising landscape.
• Visit of the village and possibility of visiting an old troglodyte oil mill which produces oil with ancestral techniques.
• Drive to Matmata, a unique Berber village of its kind known for its cave dwelling houses and lunar landscape.
• Visit of an inhabited troglodyte house to discover the way of life of the Berbers.
• Typical lunch in Matmata to savor the delights of the Berber culinary art.
• After lunch, departure towards Douz the door of the Sahara.
• Access to the sand dunes and meeting with our camel team who are waiting for us with camels for a superb camel ride between the sand dunes (Duration from 2h to 2h30 and one camel per person).
• After a brief initiation, the caravan sets off across beautiful dunes to the place where we will spend the night in the desert in Bivouac.
• Free time to admire the landscape towards the sunset while the camel drivers and cooks prepare the dinner and the sand bred.
• After dinner, evening around the campfire with the popular songs of the nomads of the Sahara, our camel drivers.
• Stunning night under a wonderfully starry sky.
DAY 2: NEW-DOUZ-KSAR HALLOUF-MEDENINE-DJERBA
• Typical breakfast prepared by our camel drivers, departure to the city of Douz.
• Arrival to Douz and visit of the market place with its artisanal products and traditional workshops of Babouches, shoes made from camel leather (Thursday is the day of the weekly market of animals, it is the most typical market of southern Tunisia where the Bedouins of the desert meet to exchange their goods and still practice the barter of goats and camels).
• Drive to Ksar Hallouf crossing the Dhahar Massif which offers spectacular landscapes of the rocky desert.
• Arrival to Ksar Hallouf, visit of the old mountain granary overlooking the small village and the oasis.
• Typical lunch at the oasis of Ksar Hallouf.
• In the afternoon, departure to the city of Medenine, visit the former granary and the traditional museum of Ksours.
• Return to Djerba via the Roman road.
• End of our services.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transport in air-conditioned 4X4 vehicle.
• Meals indicated in the program.
• Excursions and visits indicated in the program.
• Professional guide during the tour.
• Drivers from the region with long experience in Saharan tourism and who master the route well.
• Sleeping and cooking equipment
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The drinks.
• Excursions or optional tours.
• The Tips
• The extras.
STRONG POINTS :
• Real adventure in the desert.
• Adaptable excursion for small groups and families with children.
• Combined itinerary with a camel ride.
• Professional 4X4 drivers with great experience in Saharan tourism