If you are fan of Skywalker and Mos Eisly, Tacapes Tours invites you to discover the Star Wars Tour that you will enjoy without a doubt. It's a real adventure for fans of Star Wars the saga that has marked the history of science fiction cinema during the last decades. A pleasant journey that links in harmony the filming locations of the various episodes of this film and the stunning landscapes in the south of Tunisia. Discover All Star Wars in Tunisia now.
Arrival airport: Tunis or Djerba
Duration: 08 Days / 07 Nights
Period of the year: The all year
Date: Every Week
DAY 1: AIRPORT-DJERBA
• Arrival to the airport of Djerba, assistance by the tour guide and transfer to the hotel.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Welcome Meridiana 4* or similar.
DAY 2: DJERBA-MEDENINE-TATOUINE-CHENINI-KSAR HADADA –ZMELA
• After breakfast, departure to Medenine via the Roman road. Arrival to Medenine and visit of the Ksar, a former collective granary built by the nomadic tribes and filming place (Mos Espa - Episode I).
• Drive to Tataouine, the city which sheltered the foreign legion at the time of French colonization, visit of of the traditional market.
• Departure to visit Ksar Ouled Soltane, the most prestigious and most conserved Ksar of the Tunisian south shooting location (Mos Espa - Episode I).
• Drive to Chenini, wonderful Berber village located at the top of the mountain of the Dhahar massif. Visit of the village to discover its houses dug in the rocks and mountains granaries. Typical lunch in Chenini.
• After lunch, departure to Ksar Hdada old well-preserved granary, visit the filming location of (Mos Espa - Episode I).
• Departure to the Erg Oriental, huge desert with beautiful sand dunes.
• Arrival at the Saharan oasis of Ksar Ghilane, free time to enjoy the beautiful oasis en a refreshing swims at the natural spring.
• Continue to Zmela crossing beautiful sand dunes. Dinner and overnight at Zmela saharan camp.
DAY 3: ZMELA-KSAR GHILANE-DOUZ-CHOTT EL JERID-SIDI BOU HLEL-TOZEUR
• After breakfast, departure to Douz the “Sahara gate”, visit of Douz market known with cottage industries such as Babouches (Shoes made of camel leather) and Saharan pants.
• Possibility to make a camel ride crossing de dunes of the silted village Zaafrane (Optional). Lunch in Douz
• Departure to Chott El Jerid, the largest salt lake in Tunisia, with its huge superficy of 4650 m². Stop for photos to admire the beautiful landscape of the lake, Filming location (Episodes II, III and IV)
• Drive to the village Sidi Bouhlel, located between the salt lake and the Atlas Mountains, visit of the Canyon, where Episodes I & IV had been filmed.
• Departure to Tozeur the capital of Bled El Jerid « The land of palms ». Visit of the old city of Tozeur with its house decorated with traditional bricks made of clay and narrow streets covered by palm trunks.
• Dinner and overnight at the hotel Golden Yasmine Ras El Ain 4* or similar.
DAY 4: TOZEUR-CHEBIKA-TAMERZA-MIDES-ONG EJMEL-NAFTA-TOZEUR
• After breakfast, departure to discover the mountain oases.
• Arrival to Chebika and visit of the oasis with its stunning mountain landscape in the heart of the Atlas natural water springs.
• Drive to Tamerza and visit of the waterfalls and the old village.
• Departure to Mides oasis located right on the Tunisian-Algerian border, visit of the famous Canyon shooting location of the famous film « The English Patient ».
• Return to Tozeur for lunch.
• After lunch, departure to Chott El Gharsa second salt lake, visit of the filming location (Episodes I & II)
• Departure to the sand dunes of Ong Ejmel and the famous scenery Tatooine of Star wars (Episode IV)
• Departure to Nafta, the second town in « The land of palm trees », filming location (Lars Farm - Episodes II, III & IV)
• Panoramic visits of the famous oasis La Corbeille « the basket ».
• Visit if the old city to admire the typical architecture of the houses with their coated-clay-brick facades.
• Free time in the Sand Roses square.
• Return to Tozeur, dinner and overnight at the hotel Golden Yasmine Ras El Ain 4*
DAY 5: TOZEUR-GABES-MATMATA-DJERBA
• After lunch, departure to Gabes, coastal oasis city, sightseeing tour of the maritime oasis.
• Visit of the Spice and Henna market called «Jara».
• Drive to Matmata famous Berber village of unique beauty known for its dwell cave houses.
• Typical lunch in Matmata.
• In the afternoon, visit of a real inhabited Berber house to be in direct contact with the indigenous Berbers.
• Visit of Sidi Driss, a very famous dwell cave hotel in Matmata and filming location ( Lars Farm Episodes II & IV)
• Return to the island of Djerba via the Ferry. Dinner and overnight at Welcome Meridiana 4 * hotel.
DAY 6: DJERBA (ISLAND TOUR)
• After breakfast, departure to discover the beauties of Djerba the island of Lotos.
• Visit of Guellela, the famous pottery village with its underground clay quarries
• Visit of the local Museum of Arts and popular traditions
• Continue to the fishing village Ajim, visit of the filming location (Mos Eisley -Episode IV and House of Ben - Episode IV) and the site Sidi Jmour located on a beautiful virgin beach, filming location (Anchorhead, Mos Eisley - Episode IV).
• Drive to the village of Erriadh and visit of La Ghriba, one of the oldest Hebrew synagogues in the world and a place of pilgrimage of the Jewish community of Djerba.
• Departure to Houmt Souk, the capital of the island.
• Visit the fish market known for the auction, typical lunch of seafood.
• After lunch, visit of some old Foundouks, former residences for camel drivers, actually transformed into charming hotels conserving the typical architecture of the island.
• Free time to visit the traditional Souks.
• Return to the hotel zone, dinner and overnight at the hotel Welcome Meridiana 4.
DAY 7: DJERBA (FREE STAY)
• Free stay at the Welcome Meridiana 4* hotel on half-board.
• Possibility to make some excursions to discover the beauty of the island.
DAY 8: DJERBA-AEOROPORT
• Transfer to Tunis airport for the return flight.
• End of our services
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transfer in / out.
• 06 Nights at the mentioned hotels
• 01 Night in Saharan camp
• Meals mentioned in the program.
• Visits mentioned in the program
• Professional local guide during the tour.
• Transport in air-conditioned vehicle.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The airfare.
• The optional excursions or visits.
• The extras.
• The dinner on the arrival day and the breakfast on the day of the departure will depend on flight schedules.
• The itinerary could be made in two directions
• Special tour for cinema lovers to discover all the locations of the various episodes of Star Wars saga.
• Overnight in a Saharan camp
• Adapted tour for small groups and families with children
• Professional guide specializing in Berber and Nomads culture