Tunis & Monuments
Complete journey to discover the city of Tunis and its surroundings, the beautiful Moorish architecture of Sidi Bou Said, the splendor of the mosaics of the museum of Bardo, the charm of Carthage and the perfumes of the souks in the ancient Medina.
Departure city: Tunis or Hammamet
Period: Every day except Monday (Museums are closed)
Duration: 01 Day
• Early departure from your hotel to the western suburbs of Tunis, visit of the Bardo Museum, former beylical palace which houses the largest collection of Roman mosaics in the world.
• Departure to the Medina of Tunis with its ancient monuments and traditional Souks.
• Visit of the Great Mosque of Zitouna declared World Heritage.
• Guided tours through through the labyrinth of narrow streets full of typical merchandise to discover the different activities of each souk.
• Typical lunch in the Medina
• Departure to the suburb of Carthage ancient capital of the Punic empire.
• Visit of the ruins of Carthage: the Punic port, the Tophet, the Byrsa hill, the archaeological museum of Carthage, the Roman villas, the theater, the amphitheater and the Anthonius Baths...etc
• Drive to Sidi Bou Saïd, guided tour of the picturesque Andalusian village declared world heritage and known for its beautiful houses painted harmoniously in blue and white with their beautiful balconies decorated with arabesque.
• Visit of the Dar Annabi museum, an old majestic house to discover the Moorish architectural style.
• Tasting of a mint green tea with pine nuts at the famous “café des Natttes”
• Return to your hotel.
• End of our services
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transport in air-conditioned vehicle.
• The visits indicated in the program.
• Professional guide specialized in history and archeology
• Tasting of a mint green tea with pine nuts in Sidi Bou Said
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The drinks.
• The Tips
• The extras.
• Complete program to visit the city of Tunis and its surroundings.
• Adaptable excursion for small groups and families with children.
• Accompaniment by a professional guide specializing in history and archeology.